Books I have enjoyed reading:
- Nathaniel Morrison And His Descendants, by George Abbot Morison, c1951.
- Montcalm and Wolfe, by Francis Parkman (1823-1893).
- John Paul Jones, A Sailors Biography, by Samuel Eliot Morison, c1959.
- Company Of Adventurers, Peter C. Newman, c1985
- The Tenth Insight, James Redfield, c1996
- Rose Street, A Family Story, Carmen J. Leone, c1998
- The Zone, Barry Sears, PH.D., c1995
- Louisbourg Portraits, Christopher Moore, c1982
- Jesus The Man, Barbara Thiering, c1992
- History of Economy, N.S., The Economy Historical Committee, c1995
- Paul Revere & The World He Lived In, Esther
- Francisco de Urdiņola y el Norte de la Nueva Espaņa, Vito Alessio Robles
- The Chocolate Ganongs of St. Stephen, New Brunswick, David Folster c1990
Music I enjoy listening to:
- Bob Marley and the Wailers, Natural Mystic
- Tears For Fears, Raoul And The Kings Of Spain
- Tom Cochrane, Mad Mad World
- Putumayo, Cuba
- Putumayo, Latino Latino
- RYKO, The Best Of Both Worlds
- Peter Gabriel, Shaking The Tree
- Rush, Exit Stage Left
- Blur, Parklife
- Gipsy Kings, Greatest Hits
Places I have visited:
- Traveled through England and Scotland by car in the spring of 1989.
- Traveled to Hong Kong and took a train through Southeastern China to visit
Canton, Guilin, and YangShuo in 1992.
- I have traveled to many destinations in Mexico over the years and try to
back often. Cuernavaca, Mexico City, Taxco, Saltillo, Cancun, Acapulco,
Puebla, San Cristobal de las Casas, Puerto Escondido, Tepotztlan,
- Worked in the Yukon during the winter of 1996, and I have been across
Canada from coast to coast.
- Went on a search and rescue mission south of Pucalpa near San Ramon, Peru in
- Groonedale, Greenland in 1997.
- Ushuaia, Tiera Del Fuego, Argentina in March 1996.
- The mayan ruins of Copan in Honduras, El Mochito, Santa Barbara.
- I have traveled to Germany on many occasions and have visited Frankfurt,
Berlin, Manheim, Kassel, Weimar, Fulda, and Juterbog among others.
- Many trips to USA including Boston, New York City, Peterborough N.H., Dallas
Texas, and Portland Maine.
My personal collection of favorite items that inspire me:
- Paintings by Albert Jacques Frank, Well known for his oils and watercolors
depicting older Toronto neighborhoods, he was a and friend of the family.
Oil 10" x 12 ", Autumn Forest, painted at the farm of my
grandfather. 1957, 18" x 24" Winter Forest.
- Painting by Ursula Reese, born and educated in Germany, enjoys tranquility
of Algonquin Park and uses bold colours. Pastel 18" x 24"
"Dizzy Bog Morning".
- Paintings by Wallace Bruce Morrison. Many watercolors with fine detail.
Although not known for his paintings, my father was an illustrator for many
years, and his paintings are a true inspiration. Always with his hand on a
pen or brush, he started painting many watercolors later in life for the
enjoyment he had of bringing life to the paper. He had a true vision while
painting "Spring Thaw" in 1980 while living in the sunny and warm
climate of Mexico.
- Photographs by Glenn Morrison of inspiring scenery while in Tierra Del
Fuego and in Greenland.
- Photographs by Scott Morrison while on his travels through China and Nepal.
- Ink Drawings by C. Beltran. Personal friend of my father in Mexico, his
work highlights the architecture of old colonial Mexico, with the warmth and
unity of the surrounding nature.
- Ink Print by Susan Tombs. Early work by my cousin who has been an art
teacher for many years, and studied art in England.
- Watercolor by Transon Hia, who I met at an art sale at Stanley Park in
Vancouver, B.C. in 1992.
- Raku Pottery by Paul Johnson. After viewing his art and purchasing a vase
at the Toronto Art Show, I Commissioned him to produce two large lamps for
the living room. As this was a new project for him, he was not sure how it
would turn out, but he succeeded wonderfully.
- My Kao Young mug collection is a favorite. I have over twelve mugs of
various styles and colors obtained gradually over the years.